North Somerset Museum
Come and explore the exciting history of North Somerset from pre-history to the present day. Weston-super-Mare Museum is a real treasure trove that tells the wonderful story of the area's varied and colourful past. Take a stroll around the former gasworks company building or just relax in the attractive palm lined courtyard cafe .
There's something for all the family...
- Experience Clara's Cottage, a typical Westonian's Home of the 1900's
- Explore the area's natural history
- Investigate archaeology of the Mendips and the moors and see evidence of an Iron Age massacre
- Find out about the history of seaside holidays
- Discover life on the home front during World War 2
- Visit a Victorian dentist and a chemist shop with it's pills and potions
- See wedding dresses from the past and other historic costume